The Viking Legend is set to continue the grand tradition of Viking River Cruising. She joins the European fleet carrying passengers on the popular Grand European Tour itinerary. Built to debut in April 2009, this beautiful state-of-the-art vessel transports just 189 guests in deluxe staterooms with either French balconies or picture windows.
The Observation Lounge is a terrific place to meet old and new friends before and after meals. It boasts a large sitting area with chairs, small tables, sofas and a bar area with barstools. The Lounge has a projector and screen installed in the ceiling, so slides can be shown, and there is a stereo system and dance floor.
Atrium/Seating Area is the upper part of Viking Legend's grand atrium. It features a spacious, comfortable seating area and large panoramic windows, so you can relax, read or watch the scenery go by. There is a 24-hour tea and coffee station with a fruit basket, and some showcases displaying items available at the onboard shop just downstairs. The middle deck lobby (reception lobby) is accessible via the grand staircase.
The restaurant is where all meals are served during your cruise. Because it features panoramic windows, you will not miss any of the scenery while you are dining. It seats 189 guests at 29 tables which vary in size, accommodating 6, 8 or 10 guests per table. The dining room is open seating, so you are free to sit where you like—a great way to make new friends. The atmosphere is casual but elegant, with high-quality table linens, china, cutlery and glassware. The room has a stereo system for playing quiet music during meals.
The library has comfortable seating and excellent reading light. There are approximately 80 books from which to choose, in various languages but mostly English, and several games such as chess, backgammon and playing cards.
The Viking Legend's atrium is a large, airy space with a grand staircase to the upper lobby and direct access to the Restaurant. The middle deck lobby is where you enter the ship, and serves as your information center throughout your voyage. Your Program Director's desk is located here, so that you can easily ask questions or discuss the day's activities. Here is a 24-hour tea and coffee station with a fruit basket.There is a PA system so the day's events can be announced and an Internet station in the lobby area, so you can check your email.
On the Sun Deck you can enjoy sunshine and fresh air while you take in 360-degree views of the scenery as you sail past castles, towns, villages, trees and vineyards. Stand at the railings or relax in a comfortable deck chair. Some of the seating has a canopy for those who prefer shade. There is an access way from the Sun Deck to the bridge as well as to the Library via staircase at the ship's stern. The sundeck can be accessed from the library and the atrium.
- Two 310 SF suites with hotel style and one sofa bed, bath with tub
- Opening doors with French style balconies on the two upper floors
- Lower staterooms are 155 SF and have a picture window
- Unique are sgl staterooms, 134 SF with sofabed but balcony
- All staterooms feature a bathroom with shower
- Built-in closets and drawer space
- Color TV and radio
- Direct-dial telephone
- In-stateroom safe
- Hair dryer
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- All staterooms are outside, some with picture window or french balcony. •Deluxe Stateroom: (Cat A, B, C & F) are 161 sq. ft. • Deluxe Stateroom (Cat D) 136 sq. ft. • Deluxe Stateroom (Cat E) 215 sq. ft.• Windows open in most categories.
- Intimate small-ship ambiance
- All English-speaking staff
- Attentive, personal service
- Sumptuous cuisine with open seating with one sitting at mealtimes
- Nonsmoking environment
- Enriching onboard lectures and demonstrations
- Local evening entertainment
- Laundry service
- Card room and library
to book this cruise please contact us via email
or toll free at 1-877-325-7522
- April 2009
Staterooms - 95 outside
Suites - 2 - 310 SF
Single - 5
Passengers - 189
Crew - 50
|Length - 135m
Width - TBA
Draft - TBA
Decks - 4
voltage - 120/240volts
|click here for ship deck layout