The brand new Douro Queen joined the Uniworld fleet in 2005 as the newest and most luxurious ship on the Douro River. Reserved exclusively for Uniworld’s North American clientele, the Douro Queen sets new standards in luxury along the Douro River. She accommodates a maximum of 130 guests in the utmost comfort, and truly provides the perfect small-ship ambiance much enjoyed by Uniworlds seasoned travelers.
All public rooms are spacious and offer an elegant yet comfortable atmosphere. The sparkling grand lobby, finished in polished woods and marble, is where you will find the Reception and Gift Shop.
The bright and beautiful Panoramic Lounge, lined with large panoramic windows, with a bar and dance floor, is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of Port wine with friends. Excellent dining in one luxurious seating is offered in the Restaurant lined with panoramic windows. The Sun Deck and Patio Bar invites you to enjoy the gorgeous scenery of the Douro Valley.
The Douro Queen is the only ship on the Douro River to feature a swimming pool and two whirlpools.
All 65 outside cabins are spacious and beautifully furnished. Cabins on the Upper Deck have floor to ceiling windows, which give access to a private balcony, furnished with a table and two chairs. Cabins on the Main Deck have large picture windows. All staterooms have private bathroom with shower, ample closet space, telephone, TV with local and onboard channels, and individually controlled air-conditioning and heating. All staterooms have hotel-style beds, which can be positioned separately as two twins, or together as one large double bed.
"Grand River Cruising" is Uniworld's brand. The brand distinguishes itself from the "Grand Value Cruise" brand by being designed for those preferring a more inclusive vacation. The majority of the shore excursions are included in this brand.
- Hotel-style beds that can be made up as queen-size or separate twin beds
- European-style down comforter with luxurious linens and a cashmere-like throw
- Pleasant sitting area by the window to enjoy the passing views
- Plush terry cloth robe for each guest
- Generous built-in closets and drawer space
- Vanity with make-up mirror
- Flat-screen TV featuring CNN and movie channels
- Extra-thick cotton towels
- Direct-dial telephone
- In-stateroom safe
- Hair dryer
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Intimate small-ship ambiance
- All English-speaking staff
- Attentive, personal service
- Sumptuous cuisine
- Elegant, spacious staterooms with the finest amenities
- Nonsmoking environment
- Extensive wine lists
- Enriching onboard lectures and demonstrations
- Local evening entertainment
- Email messaging centers (on select ships)
- Onboard beauty shop
- Generous fitness centers
- Swimming pool and whirlpool
- Card room and library
- Intimate small-ship ambiance
|Inaugurated - 2005
Staterooms - 65 outside
upper deck - balconies
Passengers - 130
Crew - 34
Amenities - Internet Cafe
|Length - 77 m (254feet)|
Width - 11.4m (37.5feet)
Draft - 2.1m (7feet)
Decks - 4
voltage - 240volts
|click here for ship deck layout