The brand new Douro Spirit joined the Uniworld fleet in 2011 as the newest and most luxurious ship on the Douro River. Reserved exclusively for Uniworld’s North American clientele, the Douro Spirit sets new standards in luxury along the Douro River. She accommodates a maximum of 128 guests in the utmost comfort, and truly provides the perfect small-ship ambiance much enjoyed by Uniworlds seasoned travelers.
All public rooms are spacious and offer an elegant yet comfortable atmosphere. The sparkling grand lobby, finished in polished woods and marble, is where you will find the Reception and Gift Shop.
The bright and beautiful Panoramic Lounge, lined with large panoramic windows, with a bar and dance floor, is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of Port wine with friends. Excellent dining in one luxurious seating is offered in the Restaurant lined with panoramic windows. The Sun Deck and Patio Bar invites you to enjoy the gorgeous scenery of the Douro Valley.
The Douro Spirit features a swimming pool on the sundeck.
All 65 outside cabins are spacious and beautifully furnished. Cabins on the Upper Deck have floor to ceiling windows, which give access to a private balcony, furnished with a table and two chairs. Cabins on the Main Deck have large picture windows. All staterooms have private bathroom with shower, ample closet space, telephone, TV with local and onboard channels, and individually controlled air-conditioning and heating. All staterooms have hotel-style beds, which can be positioned separately as two twins, or together as one large double bed.
"Grand River Cruising" is Uniworld's brand. The brand distinguishes itself from the "Grand Value Cruise" brand by being designed for those preferring a more inclusive vacation. The majority of the shore excursions are included in this brand.
- Hotel-style beds that can be made up as queen-size or separate twin beds
- European-style down comforter with luxurious linens and a cashmere-like throw
- Pleasant sitting area by the window to enjoy the passing views
- Plush terry cloth robe for each guest
- Generous built-in closets and drawer space
- Vanity with make-up mirror
- Flat-screen TV featuring CNN and movie channels
- Extra-thick cotton towels
- Direct-dial telephone
- In-stateroom safe
- Hair dryer
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Main lounge with a full-service bar and dance floor
- Elegant restaurant with open seating
- Sun deck with swimming pool
- Boutique/Gift shop>
- Complimentary red and white wine, port wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, tea and water during dinner time
- L'Occitane bath amenities in staterooms
- Quality bed linens
- Complimentary bottled water in staterooms each day
- Complimentary coffee and tea throughout the day
- Intimate small-ship ambiance
|Inaugurated - 2011
Staterooms - 61 outside 161 & 150SF
3 suites - 237 & 226SF
upper deck - french balconies
Passengers - 128
Elevator, laundry, gym
Amenities - Internet Cafe
|Length - 77 m (245feet)|
Width - 11.4m (37.5feet)
Draft - 2.1m (7feet)
Decks - 3
voltage - 240volts
|click here for ship deck layout