This site (sites) is owned by CHT Cruises and Tours, a division of Cambie House of Travel Ltd., ('we', 'us') and is provided for residents of North America only.
- Travel information
Our web site displays information about travel locations, airfares, flight times and dates, tours, packages, insurance, cruises, transportation, foreign currency, schedules, travel companies and other material related to travel.
This information is supplied to us by Third Party providers, such as airlines, hotels, transportation and information suppliers. We have taken reasonable care to ensure it is correct and up to date; however we cannot check the accuracy of such information.
We accept no responsibility for information supplied to us by Third Parties. We recommend you confirm all information contained on or linked from our web site with the Third Party provider.
You are responsible for obtaining all passport, visa and health information required. We will assist you to obtain such information; however, the final responsibility for obtaining the necessary information and complying with any passport, visa and health requirements remains with you, solely.
The details of the prices, packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the web site are subject to change without notice. The travel products and services described on the web site are subject to availability.
All prices displayed on the web site are subject to change without notice. This is because the airlines and other Third Party providers may change the prices at any time.
Special conditions may apply to the prices set out on the web site. To determine such conditions, you must contact us or the relevant Third Party provider.
The prices set out on the web site do not include taxes or airport charges. Taxes, airport charges and any additional costs will be advised to you once you have made a booking with us and we have confirmed the booking.
- Suitability of travel products and services
We do not represent that any travel products and services set out on our web site will be suitable for you.
You release us from any claims in relation to the travel products and services described on our web site, including but not limited to claims that the travel products and services are not suitable.
The rules in this clause apply to 'specials' displayed on our web site. The site rules set out above also apply to 'specials'.
'Specials' are available for a limited time. You must check with us whether a 'special' displayed on our web site is still available.
There may be particular terms and conditions that apply to 'specials'. You must contact us or the Third Party provider of the 'special' to determine whether any particular terms and conditions apply.
You must pay for 'specials' booked by you and confirmed by us within 72 hours of booking confirmation, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. Failure to pay for the 'special' within this time may result in cancellation of the booking.
We accept no responsibility for loss incurred due to cancellation in these circumstances.
- Intellectual Property
This web site, the software, design, text and graphics comprised in this web site and the selection and layout of this web site, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by Canadian and International intellectual property laws.
You may view and electronically copy the pages of this web site in the usual operation of your web browser in visiting this site, but for no other purpose.
Any other use of the material contained on this web site, such as copying, distributing, selling, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting or publishing is strictly prohibited, without our specific written permission.
Unauthorized use of materials from our site will not only breach this agreement, but may violate copyright and other laws.
Certain trade marks, service marks, business names, company names, logos, trade names and presentation techniques (trade dress) used on this web site are owned by us or our licensors. You do not have any right or license to use them.
- Your Use
You must use this site in a responsible and co-operative manner.
You must not:
- make any fraudulent, speculative or false enquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using this web site;
- use another's name, ID or password without permission;
- use the web site while impersonating another person;
- post or transmit to or via the web site any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorized modifications to the web site;
- delete data from the web site without our permission;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the web site;
- breach any Third Party's rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to third parties) or infringe any laws in using this web site;
- frame this web site as part of another site or cache this web site for commercial benefit;
- attempt to do any of the above acts;
- knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
- Your warranties
You warrant that:
- you are of sufficient legal age to use this site and create legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using this site;
- you are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of this site by you and those using this site using your ID and password;
- the information you supply via the web site will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to be mislead or deceive.
You indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from:
- any breach of these Site Rules by you;
- any act or omission by you or an officer, employee or agent of you;
- any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a Third Party against us or our officers, employees or agents caused or contributed to by you or an officer, employee or agent of you.
- Your Privacy
We will not disclose personal information about you (such as your name, contact details, browsing habits) which is provided by you or via your browser, without your permission unless we are required or need to do so to comply with your request or instructions.
We and our Third Party providers of travel and travel related products and services may disclose personal information about you to others where directly connected with facilitating your travel arrangements and bookings. For example, we may disclose information about you to airlines, hotels, car rental companies in facilitating your travel arrangements.
We may disclose aggregated information about users and use statistics relating to our web site and aggregated information about our sales and trading patterns to others.
We make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the web site, its contents or any of the products or services supplied through this web site.
- We do not warrant or represent that the content of this web site is accurate, up-to-date or complete, nor that it does not infringe the rights of others.
- We are providing this web site and its contents on an 'as is' basis.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied representations and warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties that the products and services offered and supplied through this web site will be of merchantable quality, fit for any purpose or will comply with any descriptions on this web site or samples.
- We do not represent or warrant that this web site, the server that makes it available or any of our products or services supplied through this web site will be free of errors, viruses or defects.
- Your access and use of this web site is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not warrant that this web site or the products and services offered via this web site will meet your requirements or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely.
- We will use our best endeavors to make this web site secure and have implemented technology for this purpose. However, because of the nature of the InterNet, we do not warrant that this web site will be secure.
- Our role is to facilitate your travel arrangements, including processing your bookings and making payments.
- The travel products and services offered and promoted via this web site are products and services of third parties. We are acting as agent for the Third Party providers. Your legal relationship in respect of the Third Party products and services is with the Third Party provider.
- To the extent permitted by law, you release us from all liability, cost, damages, claims and expenses (including direct, indirect, special and consequential loss or damage whether in negligence or otherwise) arising out of the supply or failure to supply or use or non-use of the third party products or services.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives will be liable in damages or otherwise in connection with your use of or inability to access this web site or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via this web site.
This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties.
In the event that our web site fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund any money that you paid to us to use this web site.
If any warranties are implied by law that cannot be excluded, then our liability for breach of such warranties is limited to, at our option:
- in the case
the replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products;
the payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products;
- in the case of services:
the supply of the services again;
the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
You can use this web site to communicate with us. This web site also includes a list of other ways to communicate with us.
It is our policy not to accept information that is confidential or proprietary, other than travel arrangements and bookings.
We may link our site to other sites on the Web. These links are provided for your convenience only.
It does not mean that we have looked at these sites or that we check them out. We are not responsible for the content of other web sites, even if we link to them. We are not recommending these web sites or their products or services to you.
If you suffer any loss or damage from visiting another's web site or using another's product or service, we are not liable.
Except as otherwise specified, we may amend these Site Rules at any time without notice to you by posting amended Site Rules on our web site.
The amended Site Rules will take effect immediately when they are posted on our web site.
We may terminate this Agreement, and any other agreement between us, immediately if you breach any of these Site Rules.
- Our relationship
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended to be created between you and us by these Site Rules.
Except as required by law or otherwise specified by us, you must provide any notices to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will provide any notices to you by email to any email address provided by you.
Notices will be taken to have been received 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party receives notice that the address is invalid or that the email has not been received.
- Governing law
If any dispute arises about this agreement or how this agreement applies or arising out of your use of this site, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada will apply.
You, the User,irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
The web site(s) (excluding linked web sites) is/are controlled by CHT Cruises and Tours from its offices within the Province of British Columbia, Canada. It is hosted within Canada although much material is fed from web sites outside Canada.
The web site can be accessed from all parts of Canada, as well as from most other countries around the world.
Since each of these jurisdictions have laws that may differ from those of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, by accessing the web site, the User agrees that all matters relating to access to, or use of, the web site, or any other hyperlinked web site, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the Federal Laws of Canada applicable therein.
The User also agrees and hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts. Users further acknowledges that the User accesses the web site(s) voluntarily and is responsible for complying with local laws.
Headings are for reference purposes only.
If we do not act in relation to a breach by you or others of these Site Rules, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
In this Agreement, the term 'web site' includes any e-mail bulletins or other content that we provide to you via or initiated from this web site.
As a measure of added protection we recommend you purchase travel insurance. For information and details about rates call the office of Cambie House of Travel Ltd. toll free 1.877.325.7522
All vacationers are urged to carry a valid passport and or other valid identification.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing by both parties.
dated Vancouver, BC, Canada, March 3,1998
CHT Cruises and Tours
internet division of Cambie House of Travel Ltd
8138 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6P3J5